RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE COLLEGE
MORNING PRAYER AND CLASS HOURS
Classes begin in the morning at 9.45 am with the reverential rendering of the 'Daiva Dasakam' (Prayer of Humanity),the song composed by Sree Narayana Guru. Staff and students stand up and observe silence during its soothing and melodious rendering.
1. There are five working days in a week.
2. Every working day will have two sessions. The morning session is from 9.45 a.m. to 12.45 p.m. and the afternoon session is from 1.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m... The morning session is divided in to 3 periods and the afternoon session into 2 periods each of one hour duration.
3. Absence during any period will be treated as absence for half a day. Absence during any one period in both halves will be treated as absence of one full day.
4. Students should be in their seats right from the beginning of each class. They should not leave the class without the permission of the teacher. Late comers shall not enter the class without the permission of the teacher. No student shall loiter on the campus or veranda during class hours.
5. Leave of absence for a period or portion of it may be obtained from the teacher concerned. Leave for a day or more shall be obtained in advance from the Principal by written application in the prescribed form. The Principal reserves the right to reject or grant leave. 6. Student absenting himself for a period of five continuous working days whether with leave or without leave application should, on his return, report before the Principal.
7. Application for leave should be counter-signed by the Parent and recommended by the Tutor or the Teacher in -charge or the Head of the Department.
8. Unauthorised absence for 10 or more working days at a stretch is sufficient ground for the removal of the student from the roll. Re-admission which is a discretion of the Principal, requires payment of a fee of Rs-50/- and any other fees due so far.
9. A minimum attendance of 75% of the total working days of the year is required for promotion and for admission to University Examination. Shortage of attendence for more than 20 days will be condoned by the Principal only if he is fully satisfied with the completion of all the formalities connected with it .
No application for exemption will be recommended by the Principal unless he is satisfied that the shortage of attendance was caused by reasons beyond the control of the student and that leave was duly applied for and was availed of during the period of absence.
10. Duty leave for Physical education activities will* be granted only to athletes representing the College or University in various matches, tournaments and sports events. Such students should submit their leave applications duly recommended by the Director of Physical Education not later than one week after the event. The maximum period for which duty leave can be granted to a student for sports is 10% of the total number of working days.
11. There is no provision entitling the student to claim duty leave for college union activities.
1. Generally three days notice is required for issue of any normal Certificate.
2. Certificates will be issued only after clearance of fees and dues, if any
3. T. C. and conduct certificate will be issued only at the end of the course.
4. All certificates will be issued only in the afternoon of regular working days.